Monday 15 March 2021

W/C 8th March 2021

 

W/C 8th March 2021

Dembe was a very sleepy boy today. It was quite amusing as the night before I had been convinced that Dembe didn’t have a walk booked for today. I had to check my emails and see that Jay was indeed right that I had booked a walk for today! When Martin arrived Dembe was fast asleep on my bed and I had to wake him up to get him to go downstairs.

If you have facebook you can see Dembe’s walk here https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/2502822750025297

We had a cosy day on the sofa as I haven’t been feeling great the last few days.

Dembe was pretty shattered after his walk and curled up beside me on the sofa.

Tuesday 9th March

Jay was day off so Dembe was ensuring he was getting in as much Daddy and Dembe time as possible.

Daddy and I spent the day cooking up all of Dembe’s meals for the next month. We made meatloaf, Scooby’s stew and Wonderful one pot. By the time we were finished 50 meals had been made.

Wednesday 10th March

Dembe has a walk with Martin from Happy Dogs today. When she picks him up he is so excited as he gets to see his mate Polo the Labrador and they can have Labrador crazy time together. I am glad that he is going out today and getting a break from me as he has been stuck to my side ensuring I am ok.

As I was doing some paper work Dembe climbed up on the sofa and got as close to me as he could and slept beside me.

Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind

Dembe had a really lovely time on his walk with Polo and Cali.

As soon as he got home he was going into the kitchen and sitting in front of the fridge begging for his dinner. We have gone from a dog who couldn’t be bothered to eat to a dog that is now trying on for an hour before his dinner is due!

We had an early night, Dembe was so knackered when Jay got home he was too tired to go downstairs and see him.

Thursday 11th March

Today Dembe had a walk with Martin from Happy Dogs and Alan the German Sheppard. If you have Facebook you can see his walk here https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/490541478623616

The weather was atrocious, rain, high winds, hail and freezing cold. I was fully expecting Dembe to arrive home looking like a chocolate Labrador! He really wasn’t too bad at all. Martin said he had been a really good boy and had stood still for him whilst he washed him off with the Mud daddy. Dembe has always been a bit of a bugger for not standing still when Martin tries to clean him off.

As you can see I was ready for the mess with towels everywhere.

Jay is on a 9-6 today so when Dembe went into the kitchen at 4pm he could have his dinner as there was enough time between having it and going out for a walk.The new food Highland Essentials is going down really well.

At around 5.15pm Dembe started fussing to go out for a walk. He kept going to the window looking for his daddy out of the window.

Friday 12th March

Baby and I didn’t wake up until 8am. Dembe had been out with Jay before he went to work.

Poor little sausage has another ear infection. I noticed the last few days he has been shaking his head more than he normally would. Only talking about twice a day. I checked his ear, it is always his left ear, it was inflamed and had some brown wax in there so I gave it a quick clean. Dembe loathes having his ears cleaned so as soon as I stopped he ran up the stairs with his toy Mr Fox.

I rang up the vets and got him an appointment for 3.45pm. He has been fine in himself just very cuddly. This afternoon between the showers he went outside and sat in his favourite chair.

Dembe was a very good boy at the vets, he had to go in by himself due to the Covid regulations. As soon as he came out of the vets he made a break for it down the car park. Poor pud has a bad ear infection again.

Saturday 13th March

Dembe and I woke up and when we came downstairs and found daddy had been messing around with Dembe’s toys.

Dembe was a very snory boy this morning.

He was a very good boy when I put his ear drops in and didn’t run away from me!

He was very keen for his dad to get home in the evening.

Mothers Day 14th March

Well clearly Dembe didn’t get the memo about mothers day as he woke me up just after 7am as he was hungry. However he redeemed himself with the card and box of chocolates he bought me.

Dembe wasn’t impressed that I was writing up his blog this morning. I normally do it on a Saturday afternoon.

I kept being brought Aubergine, one of his many toys that he was given by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...