Monday 22 March 2021

W/C 15th March 2021

 

W/C 15th March 2021

Our baby is not a morning dog. He really dislikes his dad doing an early shift as it means he has to go out earlier than he would like. Today was no different. He really didnt want to get up when I got up even when I mentioned the words breakfast!

He was very thrilled though with his special delivery. Last week I had ordered him a Broadleaf treat box so that he could try out all the different types of treats they offer. I let him have a puffed pigs snout first ( as grim as it sounds ) and that was hungrily devoured.

He also tried the Lamb Spaghetti and he had a quick chomp on an airdried turkey neck.

Dembe isn’t booked in for a walk today as Jay is going down to Plymouth tomorrow, so he will go out with Martin from Happy Dogs then. In future though we will book in a Monday walk even if he is having a Tuesday walk as by this evening Dembe was like a coiled spring and going crazy in the lounge throwing his toys around!

It is very clear that he needs the walk on a Monday to burn off some energy. This evening his sprout and crocodile have been thrown around the lounge!

Tuesday 16th March

Dembe has a walk booked with Martin from Happy Dogs today as Jay is going down to visit his dad who has Motor Neurone Disease. Jay tried to get down and see him every fortnight now as his dad isn’t doing very well. After Jay left Dembe was a little unsettled for a while. He always struggles to cope when Jay leaves the house in his civvies without him. Leaving with his work uniform on he understands.

If you have Facebook you can see the video of Dembe’s walk by clicking on this link https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/275695530778592

Dembe managed to share his drool around with all the other dogs on his walk. I have never known a dog who drools as much as Dembe does. Out on a walk when he gets excited he gets really foamy around his mouth which he loves to smear all over everyone humans and dogs alike!

Dembe was very pleased to see his dad when he came home and he brought him Cleo

Today I gave Dembe a pigs ear from his Broadleaf treat box. It was bloody enormous!

In the afternoon I managed to finish off a shawl I had been crocheting. When I took it outside to photograph Dembe came with me and ensure he did his job of Crochet Inspector.

Wednesday 17th March

Dembe woke up at 5am to go out for a wee, I woke up as well and realised I was well into a migraine. I took my meds and went straight back to sleep. At 9am Jay came into my bedroom to check on me and found Dembe and I fast asleep. Dembe was curled up beside me with his face resting against my face. He refused to leave my side and wouldn’t go and have his breakfast unless I came downstairs with him. This was very strange as Dembe has been waking me up for weeks now between 7am and 8am demanding to be fed, so for him to just lie beside me when breakfast was overdue was out of character.

Dembe is booked for a walk with Sophie today, so he will be seeing his mate Polo who he adores.

Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind

Dembe was starving hungry when he got back from his walk with Sophie and the crew. He always is hungry! I let his tummy settle for a bit and then got him his dinner as he was sitting in front of the Fridge all the time demanding to be fed. He really isn’t subtle when he is hungry.

We had an early night as after my migraine I was knackered.

Thursday 18th March

Dembe had a walk booked in with Martin from Happy Dogs this morning. Whilst I was sorting myself out for the day I decided to book Dembe in for a walk on Friday this week and the Friday of the following week.

Unfortunately Martin didn’t manage to get a video of the walk but he said that Dembe was a very good boy on the walk which is always nice to hear.

Dembe was knackered after his walk and quite happily slept on the lounge floor for a bit.

He spent the afternoon pottering around in the garden with his toy of the moment, his Toucan that was given to him by his friend Sam.

Friday 19th March

Jay was on an early shift today and clearly has way too much time on his hands before his shift!

I had another bloody migraine.

Dembe was booked in with Martin for a walk, which was handy as it gave me some time to let the medication to do its work before he got home.

His walk can be seen if you have Facebook by clicking on the link https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/137858688181018

Saturday 20th March

I was really tired today so just pottered around. Dembe was quite happy to just follow me around or go in and out of the house and play in the garden.

We had a lie down upstairs for a bit in the afternoon which Dembe was more than happy to join me.

Sunday 21st March

We are having a quiet day as I am still feeling under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...