Monday 14 September 2020

W/C 7th September 2020

 Monday 7th September

Jay is working his usual Monday morning early shift. Dembe is incredibly soppy today, I can’t move without being covered in kisses. When I am sat on the sofa I am being laid on. He demands that either I hold his cows ear whilst he chews it or that he has a cuddle. He also wants to play endless games of nudge.

Tuesday 8th September

Jay is day off today so Dembe was out early for a nice long walk, then back to bed for a few hours. I had a physiotherapy session booked for 11.45am so before we left Jay walked Dembe around the block as with Covid rules he can’t just drop me off , we have to wait in the car for the physiotherapist to come and get me. We were stuck in the car for ages despite leaving late.

When I eventually got called in Jay took Dembe for a long walk on Woodbury common at the Woodbury Castle site. They met lots of dogs who all played with Dembe. By the time we got home at 13.30 Dembe was knackered.

He spent the afternoon asleep, we took him out for a little walk this evening just so he could go to the toilet before bed. He spent most of the day asleep.

Dembe had to be persuaded with a cocktail sausage to go upstairs to bed! He is so easy. He has been spending most nights fast asleep on my bed as the temperature is dropping overnight.

Next week we will be back at obedience training, we missed the last one due to the car accident so it feels like it has been ages since we have been at class.

Wednesday 9th September

Dembe is still knackered after his mega walk yesterday on top of his usual walks.

This morning I found him on his dads bed. He loves lying on his bed and sleeping there if I am busy in the morning. He reminds me of Mollie who was Jays dog. She passed away on 5th January 2019 and is very much missed by the both of us. It is lovely that Dembe is both our dogs especially since he started attending the obedience training sessions with Jay.

Dembe was very excited when Jay popped home for lunch , he brought him two dinosaurs in succession as he couldn’t work out in his excitement what to parade in front of his dad! Jay took him out for a walk around the block. Apparently the builders on the next street over stop and say hello to Dembe on every lunch time walk.

Today on his walk Dembe came across a lady carrying her child on her shoulders something Dembe hasn’t seen before so he barked the place down. Thankfully the lady and her child laughed. All Dembe’s hair went up.

Thursday 10th September

No idea what has got into Dembe this week but he is extraordinarily soppy this week. Whilst I was having my morning cuppa he plonked himself on my lap and sat there for ages.

Whilst I got on with my day Dembe made himself comfortable on the small sofa.

He will quite often sleep on his back in the sun on the sofa.

His new ID tag arrived today as we will be switching him over to his winter collar shortly. I wanted him to have a nice new ID tag so I didn’t have to lose my nails taking his current one off his summer collar.

We got this one from Sweet William Designs and it came very quickly. All the legal stuff that we need on an ID tag in the UK is on the back.

Friday 11th September

Jay is on his third early of the week today. As we had already cancelled one walk this week, we didn’t want to mess the dog walker around by cancelling another, so we kept his walk for this afternoon. Jay popped home at lunch time to give Dembe a quick walk around the block so he wasn’t desperate to go out.

I have been working on a crochet blanket and Dembe always loves lying on my crocheted blankets

I always laugh and call him the crochet inspector.

Dembe has become obsessed with his carrot again the last few days and this is now what he is greeting Jay with.

Martin arrived just before 3pm for Dembe. Dembe was keen to go as soon as he realised it was Martin at the door. He never gives me a backwards glance which has really put my mind at rest. Initially I was really scared about letting Dembe go with someone else out of my site, none of my other dogs have done this. So it was a HUGE deal for Jay and I. However Dembe was like a coiled spring when Jay was on a late night and with him refusing to have a poo in the garden ( Dembe not Jay) it made it a necessity that he was taken out for a walk. Dembe adores Martin, although when they get back Dembe can’t wait to get back in the house!

Dembe was still full of beans when Martin dropped him off which is unusual as normally he would flake out either on the cold stones of the patio or on the floor. He was bouncing around all over the place. 15 minutes after he got home, Jay walked through the door, so we went straight up to my parents van as they were staying at their caravan. It is only the second time we have been there this year, Dembe loves going there as there are lots of new smells and he gets to play with Maggie my parents Jack Russell. He was shattered by the time he got home.

Saturday 12th September

Jay is on a late night today which is a pain in the bum as we dont have a dog walker booked for Dembe. So this morning Dembe has had two huge walks on the common and I just hope we aren’t creating a fit idiot. He was pretty settled for me all day bless him.

I managed to finish my blanket and I whipped it outside to take some photos. Dembe was fast asleep on the sofa. As soon as the blanket touched the floor he was lying on it! He loves it for some reason. Possibly because it will smell of me due to me handling the yarn. It has been popped in the wash now to reduce the Dembe hair being gifted with it!

Dembe is still a very cuddly boy and spent ages with his head on my lap this afternoon.

Sunday 13th September

Dembe had a lie on this morning not waking up until 5.40am, I woke up when they came back from the walk as his feet were wet and cold from the dew on the grass up the common. He settled down quickly and went back to sleep. When I woke up after 8am he was in with his dad. As soon as he heard me stir he came in and gave me a cuddle.

He is being a bit of a sod with his eating again. Quite often he is only having one meal a day in the evening as he just turns his nose up at his breakfast. We are holding fast and if he doesn’t eat his breakfast he gets it for his dinner. Ive never known such a pain in the bum. If it is anything he shouldn’t eat or shouldn’t eat a lot of he is all over it! He turned his nose up yesterday at cocktail sausages as his dad had given him ham from the fridge earlier in the day and suddenly cocktail sausages weren’t good enough.

Dembe is a happy soul today as his dad is home all day with him. He got quite upset when his dad went outside to clean the car with out him. He really dies love us being all together on Jays days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...