Monday 7 September 2020

W/C 31st August 2020


Both Jay and I have been really poorly all week with a head cold and generally feeling pretty awful so I haven’t kept up to date with Dembe’s diary properly. I did however take photos so I will share those with you.

Monday 31st August 2020

It is a bank holiday in England today so Jay is home and Dembe is loving every minute. He is getting better when Jay leaves the house now and doesn’t get so upset. Just as well as Jay had to go out in the afternoon to get our dashcam fitted.

Tuesday 1st September

Dembe a very happy boy as Daddy is still home and won’t be going back to work until tomorrow at 1pm. Both me and Jay are poorly with sore throats and a head cold.

Wednesday 2nd September

Jay is on a late night today, Dembe was supposed to have been going out with a friend of ours who is also a dog walker this afternoon but she has taken a tumble. So Jay is popping home at his lunch time at around 5pm so that he can take Dembe out and walk him on the common.

When Jay was out on Monday he went to Pets at Home and got Dembe a new monkey as his big grey Monkey had to be thrown away as it’s arms had become untied and there were holes in the body. Dembe is loving the new Monkey and is proudly showing it off to all who see him.

The crochet inspector is back! I have spent a lot of time on the sofa this week recovering from this head cold . Dembe likes lying on my crochet whenever I try to take a photo of it.

He did settle for me nicely this evening I was worried after him not getting his usual hours walk due to Jay being on a late night and only being able to give him a short walk on the common.

Thursday 3rd August

Friday 4th September

I felt absolutely dreadful today and had no voice. Sadly I didn’t take any photos of Dembe. He has been a bit hit and miss about eating again so today I tried moving his bowl into the lounge to see if he would eat his meal better. It was an instant hit. As I took the bowl through into the lounge he was jumping up and was doing little spins, he hasn’t been that excited about a meal since he was a tiny puppy. He ate the meal without any need for me to do any cheer-leading or to pick bits up and feed them to him. So going forward we will move his meals into the lounge to see if that helps.

Saturday 5th September

I’m feeling much better today, I really did feel awful yesterday and didnt know what to do with myself. Dembe was very cuddly so we spent the day watching tv on the sofa.


Dembe was quite hyper all day probably because he has been so quiet all week knowing that Jay and I are feeling unwell. I managed to capture him doing zoomies on my bed in the afternoon. I know people don’t believe me when I say I make my bed every day when they see the state of it . However it is usually because a little strawberry blonde dog has been doing this on it!

As you can see the trail of destruction left behind Dembe when he is being hyper! all the toys out of the toy box all strewn across the floor, all the cushions off the sofa onto the floor. He is so very cute and loving it is very hard to get cross with him on the days he lets off steam.

He spent the majority of Saturday morning fast asleep which probably didnt help in the afternoon when he was so hyper.

Sunday 6th September

Jay and I are still poorly with this head cold, so we are having a quiet day. Dembe is happy as the whole pack is together. He really is much calmer and more settled when his dad is home and we are all together for the day.

He was a good boy this morning and let me sleep ( after his 5am wake up to go out for a walk) until gone 8.30am which was needed! He has been pretty chilled out ever since.

This week we paid the deposit for Dembe’s next set of obedience training lessons. They start on 15th of September and we are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...