Monday 31 May 2021

W/C 24th May 2021

 

W/C 24th May 2021

Dembe is booked in for a walk with Martin from Happy dogs this morning as Jay is on an early. The day started really sunny so I was hopeful that they would have a dry walk as it has been really awful the weather of late. Whilst Dembe and Martin were out we had some heavy showers and some hail. Miraculously they managed to avoid the showers and I had a very dry Dembe returned to me.

If you have Facebook you can see the video Martin took here https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/494023101908305

Dembe made a new friend Lilly, Martin joked that she made a good Shadow substitute for Dembe as he does like the girls!

I had got all prepared for a wet dog, Dembe was more than happy to have his post walk nap on the towel I had laid out ready for him!

Jay popped back for lunch and walked him around the block. He was very settled in the afternoon so that let me do some prep work for some sewing. At 3pm Dembe came into the kitchen demanding his dinner which is incredibly early but as he was asking I let him!

Dembe has to have someone in the room with him when he eats or he will walk away from the food no matter how hungry he is. He has had this little quirk since he was a tiny pup.

He was very impatient for his dad to get home this afternoon and spent ages at the window watching the world go by and checking if it was his dad or not.

Tuesday 25th May

Dembe woke up at around 5.30am for his walk this morning, Jay took him around the block and then they both came back to bed and went to sleep. He started crying at 7.30am for his breakfast so I got Jay and we all went downstairs together. He has been demanding his food earlier than normal at the moment, which is unusual especially as a few weeks ago we had meals left as he didn’t want to eat them. He polished off a huge breakfast in record time!

He is being an angel with having his eye drops put in. He is such a good boy that he lets me do it by myself if I need to because Jay is at work. The Weims would have put up such a fight it would have taken an army of people to do it! His eyes are clearing up beautifully, bless him he must have been hurting and we didn’t know.

Today has been a Carrot day today, he has taken it everywhere. He has a habit of running up the stairs of he thinks we are going to do something he doesn’t like – for example clean his ears, clip his dew claws etc. For some reason today he decided to run upstairs!

He thinks we can’t see him because he is behind the banister! Numpty.

Wednesday 26th May

Today’s the day the boys are reunited, Polo will be on the walk with Dembe and they can resume their bromance.

As is usual Dembe had 3 walks before Jay left for work around midday. Dembe was picked up later this afternoon so whilst we were waiting, I gave Dembe a groom much to his digust. He is moulting an incredible amount at the moment. I used a zoom groom and a furminator on him and must have got enough off to stuff a 14 inch cushion pad!

Dembe had a fab walk with Sophie and Beth, if you have Facebook you can see a video of Dembe and Polo here https://www.facebook.com/2517468794947463/videos/4523341044360218

You can see another video of Dembe and the gang on Creature Kinds Facebook page by using this link https://www.facebook.com/2517468794947463/videos/4523356911025298

Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind
Photo Credit Sophie Start Creature Kind

Dembe was shattered and starving hungry when he got home. We had an early night, he was in one of those moods where he is almost in my skin as he is so close to me on the bed.

Thursday 27th May

Dembe was knackered before he even went out with Martin from Happy dogs this morning. I don’t think he was expecting a walk today. Dembe was on the second walk so was picked up later.

As Martin switched on his camera to do a Facebook Live Dembe decided to live up to his name of Dembe ” 2 poo’s” Morris . If you have Facebook you can see the video here https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/482804812979561

Dembe spent most of the afternoon asleep either inside the house or out in the garden.

Friday 28th May

Jay was on an early shift, Dembe was asleep in my room for a change as normally he will go in and sleep on Jays bed. When Dembe and I came downstairs we saw that Jay had left this for us.

Martin had told me the day before that Dembe would be picked up early for his walk as he had lots to do today. That is fine with us as it means Dembe doesn’t have to wait hours between walks. Dembe started barking at the window at 8.30am by the way his tail was going I knew it was Martin from Happy Dogs.

If you have Facebook you can see the Live that Martin recorded here https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/1001586060597560

When Dembe came home as he was coming into the house I could see what looked like a Tick trying to get under Dembe’s collar. Luckily with his light coloured fur they are easy to spot when they are the small black ones. I freaked out a little and managed to catch it before it buried his head into Dembe’s skin. I have never known a year for so many ticks. We have had two in the house already most years there is 2 all year. So Jay has organised picking up Dembe’s over due tick treatment this evening.

I managed to make these two this morning

Dembe heard me as I put the squeakers into the Carrots and came running out of the lounge and wanted me to give him one of the carrots. I have made these for my nephews Cocker Spaniel Dusty and my friends sisters dog Bertie. They will both love them and there are two squeakers in each one. Dembe absolutely adores his full sized carrot. I am so glad that I have been able to make a replacement for him now they are no longer sold by Pets at Home.

Dembe has been chilling out this afternoon between barking at the carpenters working on next doors porch. I am updating his diary earlier than usual as on Sunday we are going to Jays mum’s house. Jays family will be scattering his dads ashes up on the beacon and Jay is taking Dembe with him for a nice long walk. I am staying at his mums house as the path isn’t disability friendly and is too much for me to manage. I used to walk this track twenty odd years ago before I got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...