Monday 22 February 2021

W/C 15th February 2021

 Monday 15th February

Dembe is very sleepy this morning after getting up early with his dad, as Jay is on an early shift.

He got very excited when his dad came home for lunch, Jay got brought the giant carrot toy as a gift that he could look at but not touch. He had been very patiently waiting for Jay to arrive home at lunch time. He took up his dad watch position from 12.45pm.

The treats I ordered for Dembe arrived today. I got Dembe some dried goat sausage as he has had goat before and really enjoyed it. He hates it. Every time I give him a bit he spits it out looking at me like I have given him poop on a stick. It was expensive as well so I am gutted. I will give it a few days and then try him again with goat sausage. He is such a diva.

I managed to record him performing the sock trick. I was sat in my stocking feet as I had taken my slippers off. Dembe came up and started nibbling at the end of the sock and took it off. So I captured him doing my left foot. He loves doing the sock trick.


Tuesday 16th February

Jay was day off today, so as usual I have to watch the daddy and Dembe love in that goes on. As Dembe only gets two whole days a week with Jay unless he is on leave from work. Dembe likes to make up for his absences by getting in as many cuddles and love as he can get on those two days.

Whilst I was doing my physiotherapy exercises Dembe came in and settled on the bed keeping an eye on me.

I always take ages sorting myself out in the mornings getting ready to come downstairs. Dembe is always very patient and waits for me whilst I get ready. He just settles down on the bed and dozes whilst keeping an eye on me.

We had a lazy day after the stress of the weekend.

Dembe and I had an early night

I am gutted that this photo is so blury as it would have made an excellent TOT – tongue out Tuesday photo!

Wednesday 17th February

Well to throw us all out today Jay is on a 9-6 and not a late night. Plus Sophie from Creature Kind is on holiday, so Dembe won’t be hanging out with Sophie and her crew. I did book him in with Martin from Happy Dogs today as he is very used to going out on a walk on a Wednesday.

Dembe got picked up a little after 10am, for some reason my notifications when Happy Dogs are doing a Facebook live got switched off so I missed the video. You can see the video here if you have Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/445680469889515. He had a fantastic time, he loves going out with Shadow. He has a bit of a crush on the older ladies.

Dembe was knackered after being out on his walk with Martin

I tried to get a photo of Dembe with his cushion that we were sent by Anne-Marie and Eddie, he wasn’t impressed.

We had a quiet afternoon as I came down with a migraine.

Dembe kept me company on the sofa, lying on me and getting me to hold his lambs tail so he could chomp down on it.

Thursday 18th February

Jay is late tonight which is unusual for a Thursday. I am sure that will throw me out all day. As Jay is late we decided to do Dembe’s walk differently. So when Dembe woke up at 5.30am instead of taking him up onto Woodbury Common Jay walked him around the block. Dembe was more than happy with that and as soon as he got home came up and went to sleep on my bed.

Then an hour after Dembe had his breakfast, Jay took Dembe up to Woodbury Common. He had a really good run around and met lots of dogs and had a play with them. He is such a little social butterfly! He has a better social life than either me or Jay.

He was a bit unsettled this afternoon. He kept going to the lounge window and looking out. He also decided that he wanted to go and sit on his favourite chair on the garden. He would sit out there in all weathers if he could. Strange boy.

Just before 5pm Jay popped home to take him out for another walk on the common, so that he got out and stretched his legs. He really enjoyed his run around and settled down very quickly for me this evening.

Friday 19th February

We are experimenting with the days that Dembe gets his professional dog walks on. I have noticed on the days that Jay has done an early shift, Dembe can be a bit fizzy with all the pent up energy he has because he only gets a 30 minute walk before Jay goes to work. So today Martin from Happy dogs is taking him out. It will catch Dembe out completely as he is not used to seeing Martin when daddy is on an early shift.

Dembe got picked up nice an early by Martin. He had another fantastic walk with his girlfriend Shadow. You can see the video from the walk https://www.facebook.com/415343231815686/videos/756596268589857

He was pretty tired fro the rest of the day. I was having a quiet day as I wasn’t feeling particularly well. Dembe as usual adapts his energy levels to how I am.

This afternoon he decided to treat me by jumping up on the sofa and dropping his lambs ear on my arm. My job was to hold it whilst he chews it and I get paid in saliva!

He really loves it if you will hold his chew for him whilst he has a good chomp. The problem with the lambs ears though is they are covered in hair and they stink! He adores them so I just have to put my qualms to one side.

Saturday 20th February

On my google photos today it came up with photographs of Dembe when he was tiny!

It seems like it was only yesterday he was a tiny wee baby. He will always be our puppy.

Jay is on another early today, the weather is bloody miserable and Woodbury Common has turned into a giant bog. It feels like all we have done all week is wash dog towels and tumble dry dog towels.

Dembe is a very sleepy boy today

As I was doing my physiotherapy exercises in his dads room as that has the most floor space he came in and joined me settling down on the bed.

For the last couple of weeks Dembe has decided to sit on the stairs and watch what is going on in the lounge from that vantage point. He used to run up the stairs when he was attempting to get away from the nail clippers etc but now he goes up at any point during the day. He is very happy to be petted through the banisters and will even give you a kiss. He just likes being on the stairs, the funny little sausage.

I love all his little quirks. He is very funny about things being in the wrong place. This week I got a new bathroom cleaner, as there was no room on the shelf it was put on the floor in the bathroom. As soon as Dembe came into the bathroom he started barking at it. He is like it when out on a walk if there is something on the path that he feels shouldn’t be there. Travis our first Weimaraner was exactly the same. Once having a melt down over a bathroom towel being draped over a garden chair. Silly babies.

Dembe has had a rather lazy day today bless him!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...