Monday 7 December 2020

W/C 30th November 2020

 

I will hold my hands up and just admit that for whatever reason I have just clean forgotten to update Dembe’s diary during this week which is what I use for the blog entries so it is going to be a bit rubbish this week. Sorry!

Monday 30th November

Jay was on an early as usual, so Dembe went out very early this morning. This always means he sleeps for most of Monday morning.

Dembe decided to join me in the shower! Today we had a gas engineer around to service the boiler. Dembe was really good with the help of a jumbone and keeping him on the lead so he couldn’t get in the guys way. He didn’t bark either so he did a good job. We had a lazy day because I had to run around getting up earlier this morning so I would be ready for the boiler service.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling!

Tuesday 1st December

How is it December already? Today we put the Christmas tree up. Dembe was a really good boy and just lay on the sofa and watched as we got the job done. He never bothers with the tree, he gives it a sniff. I say leave and then he just leaves it alone. We have a corner tree so that it is out of the way.

Dembe has his own Christmas decoration as all our dogs do past and present.

We had a lazy afternoon after doing the tree, I managed to finish my huge chunky scarf and managed to get Dembe to model it.

Wednesday 2nd December

I had the hospital this morning so we were all up early. Before we set off Jay gave Dembe a walk around the block. It is amazing the difference with Dembe travelling in the car now. Since starting going out with Dog Walkers he now settles in the car immediately . He gets in, turns around for Jay to attach his seat belt and then he lies down. Before he started going out with the dog walkers he would cry and fuss, never really settling. When we drove on any long car journeys i would take a good 20 minutes before he would stop creating a racket. What a difference with our boy now.

When we got to the hospital Jay walked Dembe around the hospital estate for 15 minutes before coming back to the car and getting my mobility scooter out for me. I was gone for a good hour and they stayed in the car waiting for me.

We were all pretty knackered after our trip out in the morning so just had a very quiet afternoon.

We all went to bed very early!

We had an email today to say that Obedience training would start again next week due to the lock down restrictions due to Covid-19 being eased. We were surprised but clearly they have had the go ahead from the local council.

Thursday 3rd December

There has been a running theme this week of Dembe joining me in the shower! It is strange as he can go months without coming into the shower with me and then all of a sudden he is in every day! Jay is on a late today so Dembe has had two walks before he goes in to work.

Today Dembe is going out earlier with a group of other dogs. Due to this year being so crazy the dog walkers are finding it difficult to accommodate Dembe’s need for a later afternoon walk. So we have agreed that Dembe will go on a lunch time walk and then Jay will pop home on his evening break and take Dembe around the block. Dembe had a lovely time with 3 other dogs on the walk. In the video https://www.facebook.com/watch/happydogs.uk/ Dembe was leading the pack on the walk. I love how his confidence has grown so much over the last year and what a well rounded pup he is.

Dembe slept all afternoon after his walk but did need the walk around the block when Jay popped home just before 5pm. He managed to squeeze out two poops ( Dembe not Jay LOL).

He went to sleep on his bed with his face squished up against my chest of drawers! He was fast asleep when Jay arrived home just after 10pm.

Friday 4th December

Guess what? He joined me in the shower again this morning.

We had a cuddly day. Leanne popped over in the afternoon and gave her cuddles too.

Saturday 5th December

Neither Dembe or I could be arsed to do much today. I wasn’t feeling very well, so decided I would work on some applique / crochet.

He got very excited at 12.45pm as he knew that his dad would be home for lunch soon and got his carrot ready to greet him!

He was my little crochet inspector in the afternoon. I was working on my Christmas blanket but I kept having to stop as Dembe decided that he simply had to lie across my lap and have me hold his cows ear whilst he chewed it!

He was highly entertaining this evening. Every night at some point he removes all the cushions from his bed and then lies on the very thin orthopaedic mattress that was supplied with the wicker dog basket. Where as the Weimaraners when they were with us loves as many cushions as possible Dembe is the polar opposite. After months of trying to get him to accept the cushions last night we gave up as it was clear he would much rather not have them!

Sunday 6th December

Today we got the last of the decorations up and Dembe was a good boy just lying on the sofa watching us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...