Monday 23 November 2020

W/C 16th November 2020

 

Monday 16th November

Happy Birthday Dembe! 2 years old today. How on earth are you two? It only seems like yesterday we were bringing you home in the car.

Daddy was on an early as usual, so we had to wait to give Dembe his presents until Jay popped home for his lunch. Dembe was getting very fed up with me singing Happy Birthday to him.

When Daddy came home Dembe got to open his presents. We had bought him a new lead, a new glow in the dark collar, a Kong squeaky ring ( we call it the doughnut) and a Kong American Football.

Sam’s mum Sarah dropped by in the afternoon with a present and card for Dembe. They got him a new bunny toy and 2 tins of sardines which is Dembe’s favourite.

Dembe had lots of birthday cuddles with me, he has been on my lap a lot this week.

Jay made Dembe’s birthday tea which was corned beef, cheese triangles, sardines and kibble.

Tuesday 17th November

Jay was day off today, so Dembe spent much of the day sprawled over him.

Jay shot a quick video of Dembe wearing his glow in the dark collar on his walk this morning


Dembe spent the whole day switching between the sofas having cuddles with both of us.

Wednesday 18th November

Jay was on a late night today so Dembe had two good walks before he went into work today. We were watching ITV’s This Morning when they played a video that was for dogs and invited viewers to record what their dogs did whilst the video was on. To be honest Dembe has more of a reaction when nature programmes are on.


Whilst I did a bit of sewing this afternoon in the kitchen, Dembe slept in the doorway of the kitchen / lounge so he could keep an eye on me.

Martin from Happy Dogs came and picked Dembe up just after 2pm. When Dembe arrived home just before 4pm he looked like a chocolate lab. Martin had already given him a quick hose down with the mud daddy he keeps in his van but Dembe was still pickled. I tried to hose him off outside but it just wasn’t coming off. So he had to go into the shower and have a proper shampoo off. Dembe was not a happy bunny that he had to go in the shower

As he was soaking wet he had to spend a couple of hours in his drying coat.

He was full of beans this evening and was getting so many different toys out. He was into getting his chews out. He was having a good go on his antler.

Thursday 19th November

Dembe woke me up at 3am by licking my face, I was a little annoyed and confused to begin with until I realised that I was starting with a migraine and he had woken me up so I could take my meds. When you have a migraine you have a big drop in blood sugar. Clearly Dembe could smell the change in my body odour and woke me up. Once I had taken my medications and went back to sleep, Dembe settled on the left side of my face and slept like that until I got up a few hours later.

Dembe stuck to me like glue for the rest of the day.

He has been obsessed with being on my lap when I am sat on the sofa or if I am having a lie down on the sofa he lies on me.

Friday 20th November

I haven’t been very well the last few days, Dembe has been my little ray of sunshine. I am so grateful that I have him.

I spent a lot of the afternoon lying on the sofa, Dembe came on the sofa and lied on me.

Saturday 21st November

Was pretty much the same as Friday, a lot of time spent lying on the sofa

Sunday 22nd November

We are having a snuggly day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...