Monday 25 November 2019

W/C 18th November 2019

 

Monday 18th November

Jay was on an early today but Dembe didn’t wake me up until 7am. Just as well he did as my hairdresser was arriving at 10am. I haven’t had my hair done since August so it is long overdue. I was a bit concerned how De,be would be , so to ensure he wasn’t bouncing off the walls Jay took him for a walk at 4.30am.

Dembe has struggled to work out that neither myself or Rachel my friend and hairdresser can’t throw him toys or play with him whilst I am getting my hair done. He has brought into the kitchen the contents of his toy box trying to pique our interest. Normally in the morning he would take himself up to bed and sleep. Not today.

He only collapsed and went to sleep after 2pm, he was out for the count all afternoon.

His bull pizzles arrived today. He seems to like them.

Tuesday 19th November


Jay took Dembe to the beach first thing this morning, he played with lots of other Labradors. Jay said he had never seen so many in one spot.

Dembe is being funny with his food again. He barely touched his breakfast or his dinner. I tried all sorts to get him interested but nothing worked. We will be keeping an eye on him.

I had the dentist this morning. When I got back to the car you’d have thought I had been gone for a month. He was still all over me when we got back home. Jay took Dembe for another walk whilst I was in the dentist so he was knackered when we got home.

We had obedience training this evening. There must be only 2 dogs doing this course, Dembe and Bella as we are now on week 3 and it is still only us. Dembe kept crying and wouldn’t settle. He kept trying to get back to me. I had to explain to Martin that he was alerting which is something he has always done when I am going to be unwell. Unbeknown to Jay and Martin I was going into a migraine and was losing the vision in my right eye intermittently and my scalp felt like it was being shrunk.

Dembe really enjoyed the “find find” exercise Martin introduced to the lesson. Which was the beginning of learning search work. It is something we play in the evenings with Dembe. I hadn’t realised he was doing a lot of his finding visually and not by scent so we shall work on that.

Tonight we continues to work on heel, sit, stay . Dembe needs more sessions in between the sessions at class. It is a conversation I have over and over with Jay. Most of Dembe’s walks take place off lead. There is no point us going to training if he doesn’t do the work in between. It is obvious that the work isn’t taking place as Dembe isn’t improving with this.

Dembe was a lucky pup and had a birthday card and packet of treats from Happy Dogs for his birthday.

Dembe was sick around an hour after leaving dog training. Seems ok in himself.

Wednesday 20th November

Jay was late night so he took Dembe out for a nice long walk. At 10.30am he took Dembe out around the block to get some extra training in. Dembe had a bit of a loose poo on his second walk. So I have given him some stuff to settle his tummy.

He is still not eating very well. He is eating very slowly and not that fussed about treats. Which is unlike him. I had to wake him up at 5pm for his dinner and then he ate less than half.

Dembe spent ages on my lap today. He loves being on my lap.

We had a game of “find find ” this evening which he loved. When Jay got home after 10pm we were stood outside trying to get Dembe to go for his last wee. I was telling Jay that we had played ” find find” , Dembe disappeared indoors and then came out into the garden with his bunny that we had been playing “find find” with. I fell about laughing.

He had the remainder of his dinner at 10.30pm.

Thursday 21st November

Jay is on a 10-7 today, he took Dembe out on his walk early as he was desperate for his walk and had been chucking his toys around the lounge and yes i am talking about the dog. Dembe seems to be feeling slightly better but he is still not very interested in his food.

He wanted me to hold onto his antler chew for hours today. I have been trying to keep him quiet and rested as he still isn’t quite right. He isn’t turning his nose up at food he just isn’t eating very much at all.

Dembe puked all over my bedroom carpet. Managed to clear it up ok and just kept him quiet for the rest of the day.

Friday 22nd November

Dembe still not eating properly so keeping him quiet for another day. I have been treating him twice a day with his tummy stuff. He spent a lot of the day sleeping.

Saturday 23rd November

I managed to get Dembe to eat half his breakfast this morning which is more than he has eaten in one sitting all this week. He is certainly feeling better as he is much more active today and isn’t sleeping. Having done some research I can see that there is Canine norovirus going around in Devon. I personally think that he has picked something up from swimming in the sea on Tuesday. With the heavy rain there has bound to have been raw sewage released into the water. At least now he is starting to feel better.

At 3.30pm Dembe wandered into the kitchen looking for his dinner. Which is the first time this week he has come in looking for his meal. I gave Dembe the remainder of his breakfast as I didn’t want to overload his tummy. He eats it without having to have lots of encouragement.

When we are having dinner tonight Dembe is on the scrounge which is a brilliant sign.


We got an unexpected shout out on the sewing quarter TV channel yesterday which was a nice surprise.

Sunday 24th November

I woke up at 3am, I stayed in bed until 4am and then got up for an hour. My little boy came down with me.

I went back up to bed at 5am but Dembe decided he was done with sleeping. Luckily Jay got up and Dembe settled downstairs with him. Leaving me to grab an hour or so’s more sleep.

Jay took Dembe out for a walk as soon as it was light enough. They went to Woodbury Castle.

We were supposed to go to agility training today but we had to cancel as Jay has come down with a heavy cold and I have come down with some sort of virus that has left me feeling terribly lightheaded and achy.

It has been a very quiet Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...