Sunday 5 September 2021

W/C 30th August 2021

 Sunday 29th August 2021

Today we are going to Nanny Morris' house to meet up with family and have a catch up before the summer ends. Jay is going to help his brother trim the hedges at the front of the house. Dembe is such a good traveller now, we went through a really awful period with him from probably 10 months where he suddenly decided he didn't like the car and would kick up a fuss vocally. Still it was nowhere as noisy as the Weims got when travelling. Since Dembe has been going out with Dog Walkers he has become such a brilliant traveller. He just lies down in the back of the car and goes to sleep. Occasionally he will sit up and then he will almost immediately lie down again. He is always silent in the car and you could forget that he was there.

When we left home the weather was really overcast and looked like we might be in for a spot of drizzle. The skies then cleared when we got to Nanny's house and the sun was blazing. It was really ridiculous how quickly it heated up.








Dembe's cousin Darcey was also at Nannys house. My goodness how she has grown, she is still shorter than Dembe but still full of puppy energy. Poor Dembe was trying to get away from her as she was continually chasing him and trying to tug on his ears. He was telling her off like an adult dog would but she was refusing to listen. A few times we had to separate them to give Dembe a break as he was getting annoyed with her. They did manage to get into trouble together. It went very quiet and we went to look for them, they had managed to get in behind Nanny's bins and were covered in very smelly black water ( bin juice) both of them had to be hosed down which did very little for the smell, the little scamps.

Dembe was so exhausted on the way home that he just slept, we had to wake him up when we got home.


He loves the garden at Nanny Morris' house and it really is a lovely big garden with plenty of space for him to have a proper run around in.



Monday 30th August ( Bank holiday for us)


Dembe was exhausted after his fun and games yesterday. We had only been up for around 10 minutes when this photo was taken and he had got up with me and then went back to sleep.

He is very happy that his dad is home today and is ensuring between naps that he is getting cuddles and play times with his dad.


His favourite thing to do today has been to take his carrot outside all the time!



We had quite a lazy day as we were all knackered after going to see Nanny Morris.

Tuesday 31st August

Well Dembe is making the most of having his dad at home, he is ensuring he gets lots of cuddles with Jay and playing silly daddy and Dembe games. Jay had to pop out this morning for his routine blood tests that he has bi monthly and Dembe was unhappy that he was being left behind. He stood by the front window and made a nuisance of himself. At one point he was barking so much when I was upstairs I stopped what I was doing and by the time I could see him Dembe was on the sofa pretending he was asleep! He is such a crafty bugger at times. Like I wouldn't know it was him that was barking!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



He wanted lots of attention today, he is normally quite demanding for cuddles but today it was a little extra. I caught this poor quality photo of him demanding my attention this afternoon whilst I was on my computer.



His daddy took him on a long walk this afternoon to burn off some energy. It was very humid out and they were both hot and bothered when they got back to the car. As soon as we got home Dembe went out on the patio to lie on the slabs to cool down.

Wednesday 1st September

How is it September already? What is going on with this year? Today is Jay's first shift back at work after a few days off. Unusually for a Wednesday he isn't on a late shift but a 9-6. We have kept the walk with Creature Kind this afternoon as when we booked Dembe's walk we thought he was on a late. Dembe will be going out with Beth this afternoon as Sophie is on holiday. He knows Beth and likes her so I am sure he will be a good boy.


There will be no Polo with Dembe today but there will be another Fox red Labrador called Reggie out on the walk with him. When I have seen photos of Reggie I have had to do a double take as he is so very similar to Dembe. The only way I can tell them apart is Reggie has a black nose where Dembe's has stayed pink this year. Also Reggie wears a harness which Dembe doesn't.


Photo Credit Beth from Creature Kind

The boys got on brilliantly and had a fab time out on their walk together. Dembe is such a sociable happy dog. He loves having the company of other dogs on his walks.


Photo Credit Beth from Creature Kind

Beth was very pleased with Dembe on the walk, she said he was a very good boy who played with all the dogs on the walk. He was shattered when he came in, he went straight into the kitchen had a huge drink then plonked himself on the sofa and went to sleep. He slept for 40 minutes and then woke up demanding his dinner!

Jay finished at 6pm and as soon as he got home he took Dembe out for a quick walk on the common. Dembe settled down and went to sleep as soon as we got home. Too much fun!

Thursday 2nd September

Jay is on a late shift today, so Dembe's very first walk of the day was around the block. Then Jay took him out again after his breakfast at around 9am. They went up to the common and Dembe had a fab time playing with lots of other dogs.  Just before Jay left he took Dembe around the block again to ensure he would be ok for the afternoon until he came home on his break at 5pm.



Dembe slept most of the afternoon , when he got up and came into the kitchen I noticed he was limping and seemed very stiff. I was really upset as we thought we had finally cracked it with his leg. It looks like we will have to get him to the vets and have an x-ray to find out what is going on with his leg. As I had pain relief here from last month I put that in his dinner ( which I fed him early so that he could have the meds immediately) . It usually takes a few hours before you can notice any difference in him but within an hour he was walking a lot better. I have a week's worth of medication so I will give that to him to get his leg to settle down again. He is moving a lot better.

Jay came home at 5pm and walked Dembe around the block, Jay said he was moving well and no issues. So that's good. Dembe was very cuddly this evening and we had lots of cuddles on my bed when we went up to bed. As I was cuddling him I noticed that he was slowly crawly towards the clothes airer I had up drying off some washing. He had seen one of his dad's socks and very carefully he removed it from the airer and then played with it before coming back to me for another cuddle.

When Jay got back at 10pm he walked Dembe around the block again to ensure he would be comfortable for the night.

Friday 3rd September

Dembe is doing so much better today, moving around easily and no longer stiff. He is very tired as his daddy is on an early shift today and Dembe is not an early morning boy! When I got up he just glared at me and went back to sleep. He followed me downstairs around 30 minutes later but it was another 40 minutes before he demanded his breakfast.


As he point blank refuses to eat alone we let him eat his dinner in whatever room we are in. This morning he scoffed his breakfast in the lounge. After breakfast he jumped up onto my lap. This is our usual morning routine, he always has a 10-15 minute cuddle on my lap after his breakfast. He then usually gets off and goes onto the small sofa to have his post breakfast snooze. If Jay is home he stands in front of him crying until he gets Jay to walk him around the block! He has us wrapped around his paws.

He was very pleased to see his daddy at lunchtime, Jay took him around the block and Dembe checked on his manor πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Jay and I had an experiment to see what would happen with Dembe should we sit next to each other on the sofa and have a cuddle. We were on the small sofa so there wasn't much room. Dembe launched himself up onto the sofa, managing to some how squeezed between us and then gave us both equal amounts of licks on our face! Silly sausage.


Carrot is still a firm favourite here as you can see from the photo. He loves having cuddles and bringing his toys with him! 

Dembe's natural treat box arrived this afternoon. Dembe always gets so excited when it comes and demands a treat as soon as I have closed the front door. I gave him Beef Trachea which is one of his favourites. This month there is a huge black cows ear which I know he will love. Later on I gave him a rabbits ear. He demolished that within minutes! His dad made the mistake of leaving the full treat box on top of the storage box that holds Dembe's food. So Dembe kept going out to the kitchen and sitting in front of it, occasionally barking to let us know where it was. I had to empty Dembe's treats into the Emma Bridgewater tin we keep them in and get rid of the box or he will sit out in the kitchen for the rest of time.

Jay took him out for a long walk after work at the Model Airfield on the Common.

Saturday 4th September

Daddy is on another early shift today, so Dembe had to get up early for his walk on the common before his dad got home. As soon as they got back Dembe came up to bed with me bringing his very first toy Baby blanket with him. I woke up at 7am which is unusual for me, Dembe stayed in bed until 7.40am not impressed by the early start at all. Again he didn't want his breakfast until around 8.10am, he scoffed the lot.

After I had got my usual morning jobs done I let Dembe have one of his natural chews from his subscription box.



That one he will keep on the go for hours, I am sure at some point it will be brought for me to hold whilst he lies across my lap chewing it. Now however he is very keen for his dad to get home and walk him around the block.


He is barking at everything again today and unfortunately it is quite noisy out in the street as people are getting all the DIY jobs done whilst the weather is nice after a bit of a grotty week. Today he did the same as he did earlier on in the week. I was upstairs and he started barking, I told him to stop a few times but he was ignoring me. I stopped what I was doing and he must have heard me as when I peered downstairs he was sat like a little angel on the mall sofa trying to con me into believing that he hadn't been a barky bob. He is bloody hilarious.

That's all for this week. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...