Monday 10 August 2020

W/C 3rd August 2020

 

Monday 3rd August

I have to share this video from Sunday afternoon when Dembe went crazy whilst waiting to go out fr his walk


Jay was back to work today after his week off. However to confuse us all he was late night which is rare on a Monday. Dembe was booked in with Martin at Happy Dogs for a walk later on in the afternoon.

Dembe went out just before 3pm, for a long walk up the common. He was shattered when he came home and wanted cuddles. I had come down with a migraine in the hour before he left so spent the time lying on the sofa. I was only too happy for Dembe cuddles when he got home.

Dembe coped well with Jay going back to work and was a good boy for me.

Tuesday 4th August

I was still feeling really rough after the migraine so we had a quiet day altogether. I was feeling so awful by the time dog training came along, that I didn’t attend. Happy dogs very kindly shot dome video so I could see how well my boys were doing. If you are on Facebook you can find the video on their page https://www.facebook.com/happydogs.uk/

You can also see videos of Dembe’s walks following that link if you use Facebook. I can’t share the videos on my blog as the copyright doesn’t belong to me.

Wednesday 5th August

We all had to get up early today as we had an electrician coming over to fit an outside socket for us. Dembe hasn’t been great with strange people coming into the house lately, since lock down he hasn’t seen that many people and now barks like mad when someone he doesn’t know comes in.

I kept Dembe on the lead for the whole time the Electrician was here to ensure he didn’t get in the way. He was very good on the lead, we practiced focus work and calm giving. Both these techniques we learned at dog training and this can bring a very excited dog that is bouncing off the ceiling back down to earth and responsive to your commands.

He was knackered when the electrician left and slept for the rest of the morning.

We had a lazy day as I was knackered .

Thursday 6th August

Ever since Dembe was a tiny pup when I get ready in the morning , Dembe settles on my bed and goes to sleep. Probably as it takes me so long he has decided that he will use this time constructively!

From around 3pm ( despite the fact his dad was home for lunch) Dembe was looking out of the window for his dad. It was a bit of a nightmare as Jay was on a 9-6 so I had to try to keep Dembe occupied .

Dembe is still getting annoyed at the statue!



Friday 7th August

Jay is on an early today and tomorrow, so he took Dembe out at the crack of dawn for a nice long walk. The temperature is supposed to be increasing over the next few days.

Dembe was already finding it hot today

Thankfully today when he started looking out of the window for his dad I knew his dad would be home within the hour.

Saturday 8th August

OMG it is hot. At 4pm we saw the temperature was 32 degree’s. Dembe and I spent the majority of the day hidden in the house.

At around 12.30pm I gave his paddling pool a quick clean and refilled it. Dembe loves his paddling pool. Unfortunately his solar fountain broke – the pump got jammed. I have ordered him another one as he does enjoy playing in the spray.


Dembe gets over excited easily with the paddling pool. When his dad got in at around 1pm he was bouncing off the walls. Jay decided to check the tarmac temperature and then take him out for a walk around the block as he had wound himself up to a frenzy. Thank goodness he did as Jay said he did an elephant sized poo!

Dembe spent the afternoon lying on the floor between the sofa and the coffee table. I showered him off ever couple of hours during the day to keep him cool.

This evening whilst we were watching the TV Dembe walked up to the washing ( clean) that was waiting to be taken upstairs rifled through it and then helped himself to a pair of his dads socks. We were in hysterics as he has never done that before. Unfortunately the image isn’t that great

Sunday 9th August

It is still very hot here today. Unfortunately I have come down with a migraine again – this time I woke up with it. We are having a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...