Monday 23 September 2019

W/C 16th September 2019

 

Monday 16th September

As Jay was on a 9-6 , I know what has happened to his early shift on a Monday?? He got Dembe up the common nice and early so he could have a good run before work.

We had our usual lazy morning

Jay didn’t come home at lunchtime due to issues at work but we were ok just pottering around. I managed to get some sewing done in the afternoon whilst Dembe slept.

Dembe went absolutely crazy when I put his car harness on as he knows now that this means daddy is on his way home and a walk is going to follow soon after.

Tuesday 17th September

Bit of a disaster this morning, we had planned to go down the town and have a walk around with Dembe but less than 5 minutes into our trip my mobility scooter packed up. It has been dodgy since I got it up and running in January. Randomly losing power and refusing to move when I had been sat stationary. With going up on the common with it we had been expecting this to happen at some point. Thankfully I managed to limp back to the car but not without it losing power on the middle of a zebra crossing, which was a little hair raising. So we didn’t get to do the training we had wanted to do.

This evening we had dog training class number 2 of obedience training level 2/3. I have no idea why Dembe thinks that the dog training class is the best place to bark. He barks more here than anywhere else. I think he is like a child that likes the acoustics of the old pig barn. As far as he is concerned it is the best place on earth to have a good bark!

He did really well during the lesson, the trainer used Dembe to demonstrate again. It is wonderful to see what Dembe is capable of. He does get bored really easily and lies down on the floor . We had to change his training treats mid lesson as he decided he doesn’t like pepperami anymore. He will eat it if given to him but he would rather work for a different treat the little sod. Luckily I always carry extra treats for circumstances like this! We swapped over bags and he was supercharged after that.

This week we worked on using a toy to maintain focus with his training. This was the first ever week I forgot to pack a bloody toy!

Wednesday 18th September

Dembe and I were both really shattered after a broken nights sleep and dog training last night. We spent the majority of the day curled up on the sofa together having cuddles. Just after 9am my new mobility scooter arrived.

This morning he ate his breakfast with no fuss, however this evening he has been a bit of a pain in the bum. For the first 30 minutes he ignored it. I went into the kitchen and picked up his bowl and this got his interest immediately. So I then started feeding him a piece of kibble at a time. Eating it like that he had no issue. So I then threw a handful on the kitchen floor and he ate that all up. I then went out into the back garden and threw his food onto the patio a handful at a time . We used to play this game with our Weimaraners Mollie, Frankie and Willow. We called it snuffles and they loved it. Dembe’s tail was going crazy as he found all his bits of kibble.

This evening after his dinner he decided to have a mad half hour so we played the find it game. His “wait” command ( what we say instead of stay) is just so good he impresses me all the time. I can now leave the room and he will wait until I tell him I can move. I go and hide a toy and then tell him to “find it” . He loves it and it really tires him out as he is having to use his brain to locate the toy.

Thursday 19th September

I woke up with a terrible migraine at 5am . My little protector wouldn’t leave my side. I was proper poorly with it most of the day and spent the time split between my bed and the sofa. Dembe kept his energy levels low and just stayed beside me.

He is still wanting his food thrown on the floor rather than having it in his bowl. I sat on the garden bench and chucked his food onto the patio for him.

Friday 20th September

Thank goodness I am feeling much more human today.

Dembe ate a few mouthfuls of breakfast from his bowl and then came up to bed with me. We slept until gone 8.20am which is unheard of, When I came downstairs I saw he had hardly eaten his breakfast so I went outside and threw it down onto the patio and he scoffed the lot. He really is strange.

I had to feed him his dinner the same way




We have been having a lazy day as I am still getting over this migraine. So we have had lots of cuddles.

Dembe has managed to destroy the tugger we borrowed from the dog trainer! So we will be buying a replacement Sunday.

I was taking lots of photos of Dembe today. I was trying to get a nice up close photo of him but he decided that it would be the best time to have a look at my phone LOL

We went up to my parents van this evening and Dembe had a play with Maggie. He was running around like an idiot. Maggie didn’t really want to play chase, all she wanted to do was eat the treats I had come over with. When I stop feeding her she barks at me. I am beginning to think that she is a Jack Russell crossed with a Labrador.

When Dembe holds his ears like this we call him Dobby the house Elf from Harry Potter.

Even Dembe gets sick of me taking photos.

Saturday 21st September

Jay was on a late night so he got Dembe up the common for a nice long walk as he would only be having one today.

This pretty much sums up our Saturday as we were both knackered. There were lots of cuddles and lying around on the sofa.

The only time there was lots of activity was when he had his dinner. He went crazy after for about two hours. Throwing his toys around the front room and barking at them when they got stuck under the foot stool or behind the furniture. I went up to bed and he was still chucking stuff around my bedroom. Then all of a sudden he conked out and settled for the night.

Sunday 22nd September

This morning Dembe and I woke up at 6.30am, with the mornings being darker he is sleeping in much later. As it had been raining outside I gave him his breakfast this morning by spreading it around on the lounge and kitchen floor, which went down well. Jay got him out just after 7am and they avoided the rain. Dembe still came home with a wet belly.

At 10.30am we went to see Uncle Paul. Dembe goes crazy when he sees uncle Paul. It is getting a bit embarrassing the way he leaps all over the furniture. Eventually he does calm down but he is like a coiled spring on arriving.

We came home for a bit and then decided to go over to Pets at Home so that I could have a go in my new mobility scooter. We needed to replace the toy that Dembe chewed up, as we had borrowed that from the dog Trainer on Tuesday. He needed a collar to tide him over whilst waiting for the new one to arrive and we had hoped to pick up some of his food. They didn’t have the food but he did end up with two new toys, Broccoli and Carrot.

After all that excitement he fell asleep in the car on the way home and has pretty much slept the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Commencing 25th October 2021

  As we suffered a bereavement this week there won't be much of a Dembe's Diary this week. I will after this post be having a break ...